You are here
VP Treasury Risk Oversight
Tier 1 Investment Bank - Located in Midtown Manhattan
Massive Career Growth Opportunity
About Our Client
Tier 1 global investment bank located in midtown Manhattan. Assume the main responsibilities to support Independent Risk Oversight / Regional Risk Appetite process/activities for the Americas covering US Treasury and Capital risks including Liquidity Risk, Capital Management and Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book.
Provide supports to Americas Treasury Risk Oversight to build, enhance, and implement Regional Principal Risk Framework on US Treasury and Capital risk covering Capital, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book
- Coordinate between Americas Treasury, Americas CRO functions and Group Capital , Liquidity and Stress Testing Oversight
- Assist in building IHC liquidity and capital policies to meet regulatory guidance and in line with Group Principal Risk Framework, Policies and Standards
- Identify, assess, and monitor liquidity risks related to US Operations
- Monitor and recalibrate liquidity risk limits to ensure within Liquidity Risk Appetite
- Review and challenge existing liquidity stress testing methodology, assumptions, scenario development and implementation.
- Review and assess liquidity risk impacts to new products or amended products
- Operationalizing the IHC risk appetite framework
- Review and challenge US funding plan and Contingency Funding Plan
- Perform the conformance reviews for US Treasury activities
- Assist in tracking and drafting responses for regulatory requests and coordinate with various functions to obtain the supporting materials.
- Liaise with other constituents such as risk managers, quant teams, technology team, finance and treasury to ensure that the designed governance structure is understood and abided by during the performance of stress testing.
- Monitor Assist IHC Risk organization on various cross risk types issues and cross departmental agenda
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulatory requirements on Liquidity & Capital Management and CCAR.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years background in Treasury, Finance or Risk Management
- Knowledge in the latest regulatory developments in liquidity, capital and interest rate risk in the banking book
- Experience related to key Treasury functions including liquidity management, capital management, asset liability management, fund transfer pricing, funding plan projections, wholesale funding market, secured and unsecured financing and contingent funding plan.
- Experience in Fed 5G reporting
- Experience in Treasury governance functions including building governance framework, policies, standards, procedures and establishing EWI, escalation process and limits.
- Experiences related to Enterprise Stress Testing Framework, CCAR, CLAR and liquidity stress testing, capital planning are highly desirable.
- The position will involve extensive interaction with constituents from other functions such as Treasury, Finance, Regulatory Relation, QA and group independent risk oversight functions to support Treasury Risk RRPM to establish and enhance the independent risk oversight on Treasury risks
- Experience directly related to 2nd line of defense roles in Treasury risks from a major financial institution is highly desirable
- Experience in interaction with regulators is a plus
- Team player and detail oriented
- Proactively organized
- Fast and eager to learn
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits