You are here
Leading environmental engineering services firm
About Our Client
My client performs integrated ecological and engineering consulting services. Offering expertise in aquatic and terrestrial ecology, water resources engineering, and geotechnical investigations, their staff provides a full suite of environmental services.
Candidates should, at a minimum, possess a Bachelor of Science in ecology, biology, soil science or another related environmental science. Candidates are expected to be able to delineate wetlands in accordance with both the Corps and Federal Manual, prepare permit applications and environmental impact assessments, and possess a strong knowledge of wetland plant communities.
Other desirable skills include the ability to perform endangered and threatened species surveys for either plants or animals, an understanding of wetland functional assessment, the ability to do water budgets or a strong understanding of ecological risk assessment. Certification as a Professional Wetland Scientist by the Society of Wetland Scientists is a plus.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science in natural resources, ecology, biology, soil science or related science
- 3 to 5 years of experience with wetland permitting and delineation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce high quality written reports and oral presentations at hearings
- Demonstrated experience in wetland ecology, federal and state permitting, impact assessment, environmental planning, biological inventories and wetland restoration
- Construction oversight and permit compliance monitoring
- Work both independently and as a key component of our team
- Willingness to perform various field work activities as described above
- Possess a valid driver's license.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits