Accountant / Financial Reporting
Very Long Term Contract Opportunity
Possibility for extension
About Our Client
- Multinational investment bank and financial services
- Prepare and analyze financial reports according to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and regulator requirements.
- Manage the control environment, including maintaining process flows, narratives, and ensuring the efficacy of control testing within the function.
- Perform thorough analysis of the balance sheet and P&L to provide a proper control environment and ensure that reports have a high degree of accuracy.
- Act as a trusted partner to internal and external stakeholders regarding regulatory requirements across a broad suite of products, including trading inventory, derivatives, loans, and repos.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization.
- Drive automation and efficiency by identifying opportunities to enhance reporting systems and liaising with IT and Change Management to implement changes.
- Maintain controlled and well-documented processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Finance.
- CPA / MBA preferred.
- 5+ years prior related accounting / regulatory / financial reporting / controls experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and senior management.
- Driven - someone who accepts challenge.
- Demonstrate initiative - a self-starter that requires minimal direction.
- Ability to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines.
- Work autonomously and can successfully develop and maintain cross functional relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive control mindset.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Experience in public accounting or banking industry preferred.
Candidate Value Proposition:
This role will interacts with many senior stakeholders within the firm, and provides an in depth view into processes across the IHC regulatory reporting function.
- Significant learning curve - candidate should be a quick study that is self-directed.
- Deadline-oriented role - candidate will face quarter-end and other deadlines and must be able to manage their deliverables.
- Managing multiple priorities - candidate should be able to handle a varying number of ongoing initiatives.
Years of Experience: 5-10
What's on Offer
- Very long term contract
- Excellent working environment