- Blended role - oversee both Finance and Accounting functions
- Great benefits: 100% paid healthcare, 401K match, unlimited PTO, and more!
About Our Client
My client is a privately held Luxury Real Estate Developer started by the founder who got their start in Real Estate nearly 30 years ago. My client is rapidly growing and expanding their presence in the Chicago Real Estate Development market! My client is well established in the Chicago market as a leader in the Luxury Apartment Development space. They have properties on prime real estate around the city including Michigan Avenue!
They are continuing to lead the industry, breaking ground this year on multiple properties in the Chicagoland area, expanding their presence into Denver, Colorado, and already have established properties in Turks and Caicos!
My client is looking for a Senior Accountant that will work directly with the CFO and Director of Finance and Operations to handle the Accounting and Finance. My client is keen on everyone having the opportunity to develop their career and professionally develop offering exposure to Accounting, Finance, and Operations in this blended role!
This role is ideal if you are looking to join a rapidly growing organization, work alongside leadership that will empower you to make decisions and develop professionally!
The Key Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant position:
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and reporting requirements
- Own financial responsibilities for their established Turks and Caicos operations
- Process monthly draws, maintain project costbooks, update projected cash flows, and track change orders
- Identify process improvements and procedures
- Performing budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling to contribute to analysis and tracking of company revenue targets
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis as needed
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 1+ years of experience in accounting
- Previous Real Estate experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong business communication and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
What's on Offer
- True blended Accounting and Finance role!
- 401K Match - vested after just 3 months
- 100% paid employee health care
- Work from home Fridays
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Free parking provided
- Amazing collaborative team culture, fun people to work with
- Mentorship from the CFO and Director of Finance