- Sophisticated Tax and Accounting Firm
- Fantastic smaller, collaborative team
About Our Client
My client is a sophisticated, well-respected, growing tax and accounting firm in Long Island. They're looking for an individual to join their smaller, collaborative accounting team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Day-to-day management of multiple accounting/bookkeeping engagements including bank reconciliations, bill payment services (AP management), general ledger management, ad-hoc reporting
- Maintain books and records for clients in industries, including Professional Services, Financial Services, Real Estate (residential, commercial, brokerage), and Family Offices for high net worth individuals
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, spending reports, etc
- Prepare month-end closing and adjusting journal entries
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual workpapers, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow, statements
- Contact with clients, client's staff and other client service providers
- Assist in budget and forecasting process
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- 1-3 years of experience (public accounting preferred)
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Accounting
- Articulate, concise, and effective communicator
- Strong skills with Excel, Word and QuickBooks
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary / OTE
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Flexible WFH/hybrid schedules
- Opportunities for growth!