A multinational investment bank is looking for an Accountant in North Carolina
A leading financial services company is seeking a driven Accountant
About Our Client
One of the largest financial services companies located in Morrisville, NC is seeking a motivated Accountant to join their growing team.
- Work in the financial accounting department for the companies which is the parent company of all significant US entities
- Focus on preparation of disclosures and reporting of significant financial data to the global consolidation team oversees
- Contribute to the preparation of detailed monthly analytics with commentary, for communication to management
- Prepare and review financial information under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Be given the rare opportunity to learn in detail about various products and processes in the Investment Bank, including Repos, Derivatives, and Trading inventory
- Have the chance to work with various teams in a truly global environment, including Product Control, Operations, Tax, IT, Auditors and Front Office
- Assist in review, implementation, and testing of the firm's Financial System Initiative projects to improve data quality and efficiency throughout the bank
The Successful Applicant
- You hold a BA or higher in Accounting or Finance degree
- CPA preferred with 2+ years' experience in accounting function. Auditing experience in a recognized firm will be preferred
- You have solid analytic and problem-solving skills
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills, including ability to comfortably present to senior management
- You can develop and maintain solid working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization including senior management within Financial Accounting
- You can show initiative with a solid aim to learn, and to multi-task while meeting tight deadlines
- You can work in a team and independently
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Be control-oriented and have an ability to effectively collaborate with both internal and external auditors as required.
What's on Offer
- This position offers a competitive hourly rate within the North Carolina area.