- Opportunity to Join a well-established firm
- Growing team and office with room for career advancement
About Our Client
Our Client is a global advisory-focused investment bank. The team offers strategic advisory, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The successful accounting analyst will be responsible for:
- Performing daily accounting processes including journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger transactions in order to maintain accurate financial information in the Workday accounting system
- Performing client invoicing for fees and reimbursable expenses, manage status of the invoices, record related cash receipts and handle client inquiries
- Reviewing client contracts and assist analysing proper accountingReviewing and approving employee expense reports
- Assisting in the month-end close process
- Prepare other company specific analysis and reports on a monthly or as needed basis
- Following key accounting policies and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Assist the other finance department members and support the company staff in the performance of their respective responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Accounting Analyst will have:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- 1-3 years in an accounting related field (Big 4 Audit & Assurance experience preferred)
- CPA or CPA in progress
- Achieves closure to tasks within pre-determined deadlines with strong ownership
- Proactively supports policies and procedures to improve performance
- Strong computer and analytical skills
What's on Offer
Our Client is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package for Accounting Analysts in the New York City area.