Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager/Assistant Controller
One of the largest fin tech firms
Great benefits and perks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest trading firms in the US.
- This individual will be heavily involved in the month-end close process and the maintenance of the company's internal books and records. This includes the preparation or involvement in various accounting reconciliations and financial schedules that support the financial statements. You will assist team members in their collaboration with outside auditors and advisors and will be involved in US GAAP interpretations, as well as accounting policy and internal control documentation and decisions.
- The right candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter who is willing to get involved and enjoys working in an intense and fast-paced work environment. Strong organizational skills and time management will contribute to success in this role. The candidate should expect and look forward to working closely with the other team members in a collaborative manner to ensure that the group's goals are met.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-8 years in an accounting background, with experience in private required
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Financial services background
- Experience preparing and reviewing financial statements and account reconciliations
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Team player who is collaborative and flexible in nature
- Ability to handle competing priorities and to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Other desired skills:
- Broker-dealer experience and familiarity with the relevant regulatory regimes
- UK GAAP, IFRS, or other GAAP knowledge
What's on Offer
- This role offers great compensation and excellent working environment
- Great growth opportunity