- Opportunity to work with a company that promotes from within the organization!
- Generous and industry leading salary and benefits!
About Our Client
Our client is a medium sized construction company that has been successful in building and developing properties in areas that have been overlooked to find opportunities to develop and capitalize on. The client thrives on identifying and investing in up and coming urban areas.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for supervising a team of Staff Accountants and Accounts Payable.
- Review monthly accrual based financial statements.
- Manage day to day accounting and internal control process.
- Evaluate accounting and internal control processes.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of assets and expenditures.
- Define and manage company budget process.
- Assist in coordination of annual reviews and audits.
- Organize Ad Hoc projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful candidate will posses the following skills/ abilities:
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (business applications and standard computer applications.
- Proficiency with Appfolio or other Accounting/ Finance software applications is essential.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Property/ real estate accounting experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a finance environment demonstrating strong technical and analytical skills.
- Track record of success working in a small and dynamic team environment.
- Able to handle various different tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Able to keep deadlines and deliver budgets on time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting/ Finance (Required).
What's on Offer
For the Successful candidate, our client will offer the following.
- Generous industry leading compensation
- 401k with company match
- PTO and VTO
- Health, dental and vision benefits