- Hybrid WFH Opportunity
- Competitive Base Salary with a Growing Company
About Our Client
Our client is a large manufacturing business which specializes in the medical sector. With around 20,000 employees in the US they are well known for rewarding and looking after their staff and this is reflected in their benefits program. The Accounting Manager will report into a Controller and have the opportunity to manage in the future.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead technical accounting research and evaluation in a variety of areas, work cross functionally to ensure appropriate treatment and prepare memos and analysis supporting conclusions.
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings upon potential IPO (S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.);
- Identify required disclosure schedules, outline due dates for the preparers of the schedules and enforce compliance with due dates.
- Manage internal and external review of all filings (external auditors, legal counsel, senior management);
- Assist with management of the monthly close process in accordance with US GAAP.
- Interface with external auditors for annual audits, quarterly reviews and internal control audits, including preparation of required schedules and documentation.
- Manage and review the work of third-party vendors for any project or accounting work that is outsourced.
- Design, implement and participate in projects and activities to support company growth through process improvement activities.
- Implement, update, and refine related accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis in support of finance department and company initiatives.
- Lead SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes and facilitating testing of controls, as necessary.
- Be one of the primary points of contacts for external service provides (Tax, valuation, firm used for Management's SOX testing).
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Accounting Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Strong technical accounting background and understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulatory requirements, including SOX 404, ASC 842, ASC 606, ASC 718 and ASC 815 among others
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and commitment to a high level of accuracy.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional, rapidly changing environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 5 years of external audit and SEC reporting/technical accounting experience
- Big 4 experience is preferred
- CPA is required
What's on Offer
The Accounting Manager will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $110,000-$140,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Hybrid WFH Schedule
- Added perks