- Great benefits: 100% paid healthcare, WFH Fridays, free downtown parking & more!
- Collaborate with the CFO and Director of Finance to lead strategic initiatives!
About Our Client
My client is a top luxury Real Estate Developer that is taking the Chicago market by storm! With nearly 30 years in business my client is rapidly growing and expanding their presence in the Chicago Real Estate Development market! They are breaking ground this year on multiple properties in with prime real estate in Downtown Chicago. With all the growth they are experiencing in Chicago, my client is expanding their presence into another major city - Denver, Colorado!
My client has created a brand new role for an Accounting Manager that will work directly with the CFO and Director of Finance and Operations to handle the Accounting and Finance for Chicago, Denver, and property in Turks and Caicos!
In this newly created role, you can truly make your mark on this growing organization. You will oversee a team of 3, and have the full support of the CFO and Director of Finance and Operations to pursue strategic initiatives, including establishing and implementing strong internal controls, be a key liaison between the accounting and finance, project management, operations, and marketing teams.
My client is keen on everyone having the opportunity to develop their career and professionally develop offering exposure to Accounting, Finance, and Operations in this blended role!
This role is ideal if you are looking to join a rapidly growing organization, work alongside leadership that will empower you to make decisions and provide you ample opportunity to develop professionally!
The Key Responsibilities for the Accounting Manager position:
- Responsible for all Accounting and Finance functions for all US and Caribbean developments
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and reporting requirements for US and Caribbean developments
- Document accounting close process including daily and monthly reporting and forecasting process for US and Caribbean developments
- Review monthly budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling to contribute to analysis and tracking of company revenue targets
- Review variance reports to identify actual vs. budget, perform analysis, and provide commentary on variances
- Work cross-functionally with finance, project management, and operations to identify and resolve significant variances/unusual project transactions
- Supervise the Accounting team
- Recommend and improve internal control procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Previous Real Estate experience is a plus!
- Ability to train, mentor, and motivate team members - you will directly oversee a team of 3!
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong business communication and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
What's on Offer
- True blended Accounting and Finance role!
- Management opportunity - oversee the Senior Accountant
- 401K Match - vested after just 3 months
- 100% paid employee health care - benefits start on Day 1!
- Work from home Fridays
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Free parking provided
- Amazing collaborative team culture
- Mentorship from the CFO and Director of Finance