- Open to Relocators and will provide a Relocation Package!!
- Large company that is looking to double in size in the next few years
About Our Client
My client is a large Manufacturing company located near Worcester, MA looking for a Technical Accounting Manager-Manufacturing to join the team and report into the Director of Finance. The Technical Accounting Manager is the primary driver of the accurate and timely monthly reporting, G/L closing process, including timing, scheduling, reconciliations and coordination with others in the Finance or other departments in the Company.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Technical Accounting Manager - Manufacturing will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for complete and accurate General Ledger accounting and month end close. This may include monthly journal entries, accruals, fixed asset accounting, and other account reconciliations, including A/R, A/P, Cash, and inventory.
- Prepare and distribute various financial and informational reports for internal and external use. These reports may include monthly Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statements, Department Expenses, Product Line P&L's, warranty, inventory, and other reports as needed.
- Identify and implement improvements in the systems of internal controls across the organization as they pertain to accounting/finance and the safeguarding of assets.
- Be responsible for wire transfers, inter-company reconciliation, assistance with annual budget, annual audits, and interfacing with other Finance people in the company on tax and other accounting or finance related issues.
- Supervise and manages the payroll and accounts payable departments.
- Responsible for efficient and effective year end audit.
- Identify improvement opportunities in internal controls.
- Aware of practices and processes utilizing current management tools.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Technical Accounting Manager - Manufacturing will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting with CPA designation required.
- 5+ years of accounting/ finance experience and specific to reporting, audit, pricing, costing, payroll and accounts payable and receivables, coupled with consistent growth in management/supervisory influence within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of GAAP required.
- Audit experience strongly preferred.
- Must have comprehensive experience with Reporting Tools such as Hyperion EssBase or Cognos, and PC software applications, in Excel, Access, and Word.
- Power user in Excel is required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Experience with computerized MRP system that interfaces with accounting software packages is required.
- Experience using SAP as it relates to FICO is critical.
What's on Offer
The Technical Accounting Manager - Manufacturing will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $135,000-$170,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Bonus - 15%
- Added perks
If you are interested, please apply!