- Top Chicago Real Estate Developer - breaking ground on new property in 2022!
- Newly Created Role - make your mark on this growing organization!
About Our Client
My client is a privately held Real Estate Developer started by the founder who got their start in Real Estate nearly 30 years ago. My client is rapidly growing and expanding their presence in the Chicago Real Estate Development market! They are breaking ground this year on multiple properties in the Chicagoland area and expanding their presence into Denver, Colorado as well.
My client is looking for an Accounting Manager that will work directly with the CFO and Director of Finance and Operations to handle the Accounting and Finance for Chicago and Denver. This is a newly created role where you can truly make your mark on this growing organization. My client is keen on everyone having the opportunity to develop their career and professionally develop offering exposure to Accounting, Finance, and Operations in this blended role!
This role is ideal if you are looking to join a rapidly growing organization, work alongside leadership that will empower you to make decisions and develop professionally!
The Key Responsibilities for the Accounting Manager position:
- Responsible for all Accounting and Finance functions for all US and Caribbean developments
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and reporting requirements for US and Caribbean developments
- Document accounting close process including daily and monthly reporting and forecasting process for US and Caribbean developments
- Review monthly budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling to contribute to analysis and tracking of company revenue targets
- Review variance reports to identify actual vs. budget, perform analysis, and provide commentary on variances
- Work cross-functionally with finance, project management, and operations to identify and resolve significant variances/unusual project transactions
- Supervise the Accounting team
- Recommend and improve internal control procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- MUST have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting - this is a true blended role of Accounting and Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting
- Previous Real Estate experience preferred
- Ability to train, mentor, and motivate team members - you will directly oversee the Senior Accountant
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong business communication and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
What's on Offer
- True blended Accounting and Finance role!
- Management opportunity - oversee the Senior Accountant
- 401K Match - vested after just 3 months
- 100% paid employee health care - benefits start on Day 1!
- Work from home Fridays
- Flexible PTO policy
- Free parking provided
- Amazing collaborative team culture
- Mentorship from the CFO and Director of Finance