Well Rounded Non-Profit Accounting Manager
For Exciting Social Service Organization
About Our Client
Social Service Organization that makes a difference in the lives of the residents of the Bronx.
- Manage agency budget: prepare annual budget for approval by Board of Directors; monitor revenues and expenses; prepare periodic financial statements and reports for Board, executive management, middle management and funders.
- Supervise billing and collections.
- Supervise contract management, including direct and indirect expense allocation and monitoring to ensure compliance with contracts.
- Work closely with development department to develop budget proposals and expense reports for private funders.
- Responsible for all banking and cash functions
- Oversee A/R, A/P, payroll, bank deposits, month-end closing process
- Oversee audits; ensure timely submission of tax returns and other compliance documents; provide information to government and foundation program auditors; design and conduct internal audit and other internal control tests to assure compliance with procedures.
- Manage and lead fiscal staff.
- Maintain all relevant insurance coverages.
The Successful Applicant
* 7+ years of experience in non-profit financial management/accounting
* Experience with budgeting and government contract reporting
* Proven ability to perform complex financial analysis.
* Expert in preparing financial reports and spreadsheets.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or a related field; Master's degree and/or CPA preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive benefits and salary comesurate with experience