Accounting Manager for a Tier 1 Commercial Development Firm
Opportunity to manage a portfolio of Commercial, Mixed Sue and Retail Assets
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a Tier 1 Commericla, Mixed Sue and Retail Management and Development firm with an extesnive portolfio of properties throughout Texas. As a result of rapid growth and a singificant pipeline in place for 2019 a position has opened up in their management team and our client is seeking a highly experience Accounting Manager with significant real estate accounting experience to join their team in Houston, TX. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to join a successufl business with exciting gorwth plans throuhgout 2019.
The Accounting Manager will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company alongside having full management of financial reports and be the lead on end of year analysis. Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner in accordance to contract terms.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Supervise full AP, AR, GL and Auditing for all commercial, Mixed use and retail properties
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Accounting Manager must have a Strong track record to date of senior level management including financial's and managed a team of accounting professionals. You just also posses significant Financial Controller, Real Estate Property Accounting and Budget Management. Alongside this you must have:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance and / or Accounting
- 5+years of real estate Property Accounting experience
- Strong background in Commercial, Mixed Use and Retail Industries.
- Full cycle accounting, AP, AR GL and Budgeting supervision
- Managed teams of 3 accountants
- Managed over a multi-asset portfolio including Commercial,Office, Mixed Use and Retail assets.
What's on Offer
In return my client will offer a fantastic benefits package that will include leading salary, profit sharing, bonus, 401k and health care