Rapidly Growing Company
Great Work Life Balance and Benefits
About Our Client
Great opportunity to work at a leading manufacturing firm that has a high energy culture and great opportunity for growth.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Provide financial and operational support to the various subsidiaries, including providing accounting guidance on technical accounting issues
- Participate in accounting due diligence of prospective acquisitions
- Assist with purchase accounting and accounting integration of acquired entities
- Work with the internal audit department to ensure that the subsidiaries have appropriate financial and IT controls in place and are in compliance with 404 SOX requirements.
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare supporting schedules for internal and external (SEC) reporting and for use in the preparation of the tax provision and tax return
- Perform/assist with other duties and special projects
The Successful Applicant
- CPA license required
- Masters in Accounting or Finance highly preferred
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressive experience in financial accounting
- Experience with researching technical accounting issues a plus
- Experience in manufacturing industry is a definite plus, with exposure to inventory reserve methodologies and cost accounting.
- Knowledge in areas such as financial consolidation of multiple subsidiaries, non-controlling interests, purchase accounting and foreign exchange accounting a definite plus
- Strong analytical and Excel skills; able to manipulate high volumes of data
- Strong work ethic (willingness to work hard and long hours, when needed)
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with subsidiary controllers and employees of all levels, including senior management
- Highly responsive to customer requirements, with a high attention for detail and accuracy
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task in a time-sensitive environment
What's on Offer
Competitve Base Salary, Bonus, and Benefits