Hybrid Accounting and Finance role, offering growth, stability and mentorship
Exciting opportunity to join a growing corporate team, be a key decision maker!
About Our Client
Our client is a well established and respected family owned business that has been operating in the Greater DMV area for over 25 years. They treat their employees as their own family members and look to provide a supportive and welcoming community.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, accounting reconciliations and preparing financial reporting
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget and accounting
- Supervise all accounting functions up to and including preparation of financial statements
- Manage contract billings, allocations, and contract indirect cost allocations, as well as analysis on contract billings and other expenses
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Manage the daily activities of the accounting department
- Meet financial accounting objectives and perform other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of professional Accounting and Finance experience in Consumer Goods
- Experience with GOVCON is preferred
- Able to handle a fast-growth company with a dynamic/evolving culture
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Large Discretionary bonus
- Health benefits
- 401k with Match
- 20 PTO days