- Well known non-profit organization based in Manhattan
- Are looking for an Accounting Manager to join the team
About Our Client
A well known non profit organization
The role will involve:
- Monitor funding and transaction accounting for various programs. Perform grant-related post-award functions, including expense analysis reconciliations. Ensure compliance with all contractual obligations and accurate data tracking for each funding source as appropriate for a grants portfolio of over $18M consisting of state, private and federal funding.
- Responsible for balance sheet analysis to ensure that all data is recorded in a systematic and timely manner.
- Assists and coordinates the annual audit process working closely with the controller, grant accountants and the Director of Finance.
- Automates and streamlines processes as appropriate.
- Plays a key role in the accounting system implementation process.
- Works closely with supporting program operations to ensure that grants are supported and money is well utilized during the grants cycle.
- Assist with ongoing grantor's audits by preparing audit work papers and account analyses.
- Committed to a structured process, using tools and technology as appropriate.
- Works on constantly improving processes to ensure that our processes are systematic and efficient.
- Ability to support and supervise payroll functions
- Supports the controller in various tasks as needed.
- Supports the central budget process as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting is essential. Advanced educational credentials are a plus.
- 8+ years' experience in accounting within a complex non-profit environment working with multiple entities and diverse governmental funding sources.
- Prior supervisory experience is essential.
- Preference for candidates with experience in non-profit organizations and FundEz software and Intacct.
- Experience with process analysis and accounting conversions are highly desirable.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated self-starter, strong sense of initiative
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excell and other MS office packages.
- Energized and energizing team player
- Knowledge of non-profit and fund accounting as well as government contracts
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package