- Global Biotech/Manufacturing Company seeking Accounting Supervisor
- Immediate Hiring Need - Great Opportunity for Career Development
About Our Client
Our client provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. They are unique in their focus of providing process development for early phase drugs through small scale commercialization. The Accounting Supervisor - Biotech - Remote will be a key part of the Accounting and Finance team. If you would like to learn more please read the job description and submit your resume for further consideration.
The Accounting Supervisor - Biotech - Remote will be responsible for the following:
- Manage one direct report at the Senior Accountant level
- Critically review fixed assets and CIP activities for appropriate accounting treatment and develop/maintain strongly controlled processes
- Manage the quarterly fixed asset review process (all global sites)
- Manage proper recording of fixed assets, including acquisitions, dispositions, impairments and depreciation of assets.
- Participate in the monthly closing process activities, including, but not limited to, general accounting support and the posting of journal entries
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Automate and streamline accounting processes and/or work files by incorporating the use of macros, power queries, business intelligence, etc.
- Support Accounts Payable, Customer Invoicing, Cash Application and other general accounting activities, when and as needed, including, question and issue resolution
- Interact with internal and external auditors and assist with related deliverables
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Assist with the execution of special projects as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve existing accounting processes and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with quality monitoring activities regarding GSS
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should have the following skill sets and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field
- 3-5+ years of Accounting experience
- US GAAP and SOX knowledge essential
What's on Offer
The Accounting Supervisor - Biotech - Remote will enjoy the following:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus eligility
- 401k plan
- Health, Vision, Dental Coverage
- Great opportunity for career progression
- Remote working
If you are interested in learning more - please submit your resume for further consideration.