- Consumer Goods Company based in Brooklyn
- Looking for Accounts Payable Clerk
About Our Client
The client is a Consumer Goods company based in NYC. This role is based hybrid.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Provides customer service to vendors with payment inquires and issues.
- Researches vendor disputes and recommends resolution to Management.
- Works closely with other areas of Accounts Payable, Distribution Services, Transportation and Merchandising to resolve vendor disputes.
- Maintain integrity in the Vendor Master by obtaining proper approvals for new vendor setup and changes to existing vendors.
- Executing payment runs and ensure payments are printed and mailed timely.
- Special projects upon request.
The Successful Applicant
- Detail oriented and strong communication skills required.
- Be dependable and have good work ethics with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent Word & Excel PC application skills.
- Knowledge of basic Accounting (i.e., journal entries, reconciliations)
- Accounts Payable experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of the SAP system preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.