Accounts Payable Specialist
About Our Client
This premier, civil construction company has several offices across the nation and is a leader in both residential and commercial construction.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
The Successful Applicant
- 4 year's Accounting experience required, preferably within the construction/real estate industry
- Dependable , you are more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented, enjoy interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented, exceptional eye for small things. You would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent, you are able to work with little direction but still be part of a larger team
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous PTO
- Excellent health benefit options
- 401k with match
- Tuition reimbursement