- Temp to Hire Opportunity
- Work with Great Nonprofit Organization
About Our Client
My client is a nonprofit organization, located in Manhattan. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team ASAP. This is a contract to hire opportunity, and will require the ability to work in a hybrid capacity.
- Verify vendor information and maintain vendor files.
- Review vouchers for coding requirements.
- Enter vouchers and invoices for payment into the A/P system.
- Ensure appropriate approvals for all vouchers included in batch.
- Submit payable batches to controller for releasing before generating checks.
- Generate checks for payment based on authorized releases.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Prepare and file 1099 reports with the IRS promptly.
- Maintain accurate and complete A/P filing system, which includes vouchers after payment.
- Review transactions for fraud
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality with all information.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Completed Bachelors degree
- 2+ years Accounts payable experience
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Intermediate MS Excel [vlookup & pivot table]
- Able to work with strong initiative and high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
What's on Offer
- ASAP start date
- Temp to hire opportunity
- Room for growth
- Hybrid role
- Fully medical benefits provided