- International cosmetics business based in Manhattan
- Are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join the team
About Our Client
A well known, international cosmetics business
The role will involve:
- Codes and processes all vendor invoices in a timely manner, matches invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents, ensuring accuracy and approval.
- Reviews & reconciles vendor statements. Timely investigates and resolves any past due balances.
- Helps with ACH & wire payment runs while ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with team. Researches and responds to internal inquiries quickly and courteously; follows-up and follows-through with complicated matters.
- Uploads monthly T&E expenses into Concur & reconciles monthly T&E statements.
- Maintains, updates and creates new vendors, while maintaining an electronic file of W-9's.
- Assists in the annual 1099 reporting process, sales and use tax and year-end audits.
- Assists with the calculation of the month-end AP accruals.
- Assist with the update of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Assist with the coding and processing of Customer Chargebacks.
- Assists in other areas as needed.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Accurate and timely data entry skills with strong attention to details.
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve issues, plan and carry out assigned projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Power Point. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup and other advanced Excel functions and formulas).
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity a must.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization both orally and written.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package