Accounts Payable Supervisor
To expand your experience as a transformational leader
To work in a dynamic team with a fantastic office view!
About Our Client
Our client is a Brooklyn based Social Services organization that is willing to interview and on-board remotely.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Monitor, track, and follow up on incoming check request to ensure completion and proper processing.
- Track and oversee payment of Payment Request Forms (PRF), Employee Reimbursement, Petty Cash & Recurring Payment Request Forms to ensure compliance of fiscal & funder requirements.
- Oversee processing of approved Purchase Order, Recurring & Client Utility related expenditures.
- Assist in creation and oversee monitoring of departmental key performance indicators (KPI) (i.e. PRF processing timeline).
- Perform detailed account analysis and analyze internal financial reports.
- Prepare work papers (analysis of financial activity) for annual audits (i.e. funder, financial, Single Audit).
- Communicate effectively with direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Effectively manage direct reporting staff; motivate, coach and counsel staff, monitor staff's progress towards weekly goals, improve work performance through ongoing feedback, and facilitate cross training of staff us responsibilities.
- Plan and organize Fiscal activities to maximize Fiscal contract's goals and performance targets.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to management and/or to funders.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Econonmics
- Experience in not-for-profit accounting, social services preferred.
- Proven experience auditing not-for-profit entities.
- Good knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures, audit schedules, and financial reporting requirements.
- Very strong computer skills - Excel and Accounting programs (MIP a plus)
- Must maintain and operate within strict ethical standards.
- Must demonstrate high levels of integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package