- National Developer
- Tight knit Dallas team
About Our Client
Our client is a National Developer know for their mixed-use developments.
As the Acquisitions & Development Associate your role will be to work closely with your assigned VP on projects in multiple stages of completion. Below is a list of potential responsibilities:
- Assist with initial sourcing and underwriting of potential development deals.
- Lead business plan implementation, production of all design/construction documents, special project management, permitting, and construction of new projects
- Develop and manage budgets, including pre-development spending, that support cost-effective implementation of teams strategies, tactics, and operating plans
- Produce standard outline specifications that teams can easily access for use in new developments
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverable
- Manage the RFP process in tandem with firm's in-house construction team to select general contractors to carry out new development projects
- Direct the administration, communication, and overall performance of general contractors, design consultants, attorneys, and capital partners
- Drive the entitlement and permitting process and requirements for each project by working with various local municipalities; represent the company and the project at all public and private meetings
- Serve as the link between Design and Construction teams to ensure cohesive coordination of complex projects from conceptualization to build out
- Partner with Development and Operations leadership to develop the business plan and project road map for each new domestic development; collaborate with Operations team to provide asset management oversight to guide the community to stabilization
- Perform site visits with the general contractors, manage their design work, verify their budget submissions, and approve their payment applications
- Perform site feasibility analysis of potential new projects, including project strategy; collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Finance, Construction, Operations, etc.
- Prepare monthly reporting for internal and external constituents that contains the status of the project, including budget, general contractor change requests, potential risk, contingency and allowance reconciliations, construction schedule, construction update, and cash flow
- Oversee important tasks like estimating, budgeting, scheduling, negotiating contracts, purchasing, controlling quality, and reporting
- Review RFIs and applicable submittals as needed for owner input
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Development Associate would have the following qualifications:
- Strong 2+ years of experience in real estate [2 years development experience ideal]
- Experience creating developmental financial models required; experience in the multifamily industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Construction Management, Engineering, related major, or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills as well as contract negotiation expertise
- Ability to perform without immediate supervision and to handle multiple projects across various stages
- Effective use of various project management software to plan, monitor, and report on projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
What's on Offer
This job offers competitive base salary + bonus & benefits