AML Transaction Monitoring Consultant
AML Transaction Monitoring Consultant Job Opportunity
6 month long contract with opportunity to extend
About Our Client
Our client is a management consultant firm that specializes within the regulatory compliance space and are located in New York, NY.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As an AML Transaction Monitoring Consultant you will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct transaction analysis in the course of look-backs.
- Maintain education and knowledge with regard to BSA, AML/KYC/OFAC, and Patriot Act regulations
- Using strong investigative/analytical skills, able to formulate and clearly articulate a supportable rationale behind the decisioning of "alerts" within cases, as part of look-backs.
- Manage assigned tasks related to drafting case investigations, preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), analyzing/utilizing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Monetary Instrument Logs (MILs), and referencing Customer Identification Programs (CIPs).
- Work on engagements related to USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Know Your Client (KYC), and all other laws, regulations, and requirements designed to establish processes to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, and terrorism.
The Successful Applicant
An AML Transaction Monitoring Consultant will have the following background:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience within the AML/BSA space at a financial services institution.
- Transaction monitoring experience that is focused on correspondent banking activity and/or OFAC experience is a plus.
- Strong writing skills; must be able to write clear and concise reports and communicate with management.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
What's on Offer
Offering competitive hourly rates along with benefits (medical, dental, vision). This role is currently remote, however it will be required to commute back to the office in New York, NY once it has reopened.