Analyst/Associate - Real Estate Development
Mixed use real estate development firm with high profile projects
Opportunity to join growing development and acquisitions team
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a reputable Retail and Mixed-use development and Investment firm based in Houston that has continued to grow and develop its portfolio of high profile projects. With significant future growth of their Houston based portfolio our client is seeking an entry level Financial Analyst or Associate to join their growing real estate team.
The Successful Financial Analyst will perform detailed financial analysis and modeling for development opportunities across the firms portfolio of mixed-use, commercial, retail and opportunistic Class A assets. The Analyst will perform detailed strategic planning, quarterly and annual income analysis. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain and run financial models on existing assets and/or acquisitions using Argus, DCF Models or other similar financial tools.
- Create sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on Asset and Fund levels
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Consolidate, analyze and model financial data including budget analysis and income statement forecasting.
- Understand and be proficient in forecasting cash distributions and cash requirements for assets and funds
- Update and complete various investor reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries
- Provide support in modeling and analyzing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions and/or disposition of investments
- Work alongside senior developers and investment teams in the underwriting, due diligence and modelling for new developments, current assets and future acquisitions
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, Development and Investment teams etc.)
- Prepare and present reporting to executives and committees
The Successful Applicant
The successful Analyst must have a strong desire to work within the real estate industry and ideally have worked in internships throughout college. The successful candidate will already possess significant financial modeling. Due diligence and data interpretation skills in accordance with real estate acquisitions, investments and development's Alongside this the successful Analyst must posses:
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters/MBA nice to have.
- Excellent analytic skills and Excel modeling capabilities; exposure to ARGUS a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and real estate investments.
- Prefer candidates who have exposure to commercial real estate properties/assets - mixed-use and/or retail all preferred.
What's on Offer
In return this highly reputable real estate firm offer a fantastic benefits package that includes a competitive base salary for an entry level candidate, training, career development, benefits and strong bonus.