- Consumer Goods Company rapidly growing based in the Manhattan
- Looking for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Coordinator
About Our Client
This client is a consumer goods company based in New York City.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
· Manage A/R processes including owning monthly invoicing and collections.
· Work closely with the Client Relations team to ensure accuracy of invoices and Sage X3 system.
· Maintain strong customer relationships to ensure we are paid in a timely manner.
· Manage all A/P entry by entering bills into Sage X3 and to ensure accurate coding.
· Handle all vendor correspondence and document updates.
· Manage T&E process and help the team identify best practices and improvements.
· Review and code all bank transactions to ensure accuracy.
· Process monthly corporate credit card statements and cash expenses via Rydoo, our T&E system, and ensure all expenses are accurately classified.
· Assist with month end close processes including bank and credit card reconciliations.
· Analyze and maintain all accounts receivable accounts, refund accounts, and deposit accounts.
· Reconcile and manage receivables of our growing e-commerce accounts.
· Assist with annual/interim external audits.
· Additional ad hoc reporting and assignments as needed.
The Successful Applicant
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
· 2-4 years of experience in an AP/AR function.
· Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
· Experience with various accounting software, such as: QuickBooks, NetSuite, JD Edwards, or Peoplesoft.
· Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and evaluation.
· Strong accounting skills.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and work flow in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate and benefits package.