AP Coordinator - Consumer Goods
High end firm looking for an experience AP Analyst to join the team
Must have past Accounts Payable experience, CPG industry prefered
About Our Client
Founded back in 1860's this major retail organization began by selling apparel in a small shop on the Lower East Side. Within a few years they moved to a more prominent shop and become a retail giant across the globe.
- Partner with all divisions as the accounts payable liaison including: monitoring stock issues and purchase order problems, ensuring proper accounting principles, resolving vendor charge-back disputes and all open invoice issues, controlling department debit balances, and facilitating reconciliation in vendor consignment disputes
- Monitor stock movement within the Vendor and Distribution Center pipeline
- Identify trends within business process and make adjustments as related to receipts, outbound, and shortage call outs
- Partner with corporate audit program to determine vendors to audit to improve accuracy
- Develop shortage and item file integrity awareness with the merchant organization by partnering in high shortage areas to determine shortage issues, focusing on key areas, and pushing technology to reduce error rates
- Monitor merchandise special order programs
- Manage trunk show bookings by facilitating training with merchant teams on trunk show process, partnering to update the trunk show policy and reporting, and auditing trunk show invoices against sales, and processing payments to vendors
- Assist in merchant inventory reconciliation process
- Facilitates ongoing training for merchant population
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
The Successful Applicant
- 4 year college degree;
- 2-3 years or more experience, preferably within the Retail Industry.
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create end user friendly presentations.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Strong mathematical skill set - ability to quickly identify correlations and out of balances.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
- Other Skills:
- Strong Excel skills (proficiency in pivot tables, v look-ups, and "if" statements).
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Strong follow-up skills and sense of urgency.
- Work Hours:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
What's on Offer
401K with matching, health/dental/vision plan, competitive salary, multitude of corporate discounts, great vacation plan