- Are you seeking a hands-on & fast paced opportunity?
- Potential for growth and ability to "own" your role
About Our Client
The client is an ISO-certified medical device manufacturer that specializes in the design, manufacturing, assembly and packaging of medical devices and components. This 180,000 sq. ft facility specializes in tube-manufacturing equipment, metal deformation machines, laser processing & Swiss machining equipment.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- The Area Manager demonstrate Clients Values and adhere to all safety, regulatory and quality requirements, policies and procedures.
- The Area Manager provides direction in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion of weekly schedules that meet or exceed Company and Customer expectations.
- Maintains proper staffing levels to achieve budgeted levels of performance.
- Monitors the alignment of product or line(s) with master production schedule and material planning to meet production goals.
- Monitors departmental performance measures, ensures goals are met and develops/implements corrective/ preventive actions or recovery plans as necessary.
- Ensures work orders are closed in Oracle and data is accurate.
- Supervises associates in a manner that fosters a safe work environment and self-directed team approach. This includes setting strategic safety initiatives yearly and facilitating the tactical execution of those safety initiatives.
- Provides continuous communication to Plant management on production, facility and associate accomplishments and/or concerns.
- Identifies, arranges and/or provides training to ensure a safe, efficient, quality work environment with focus on continuous improvement through Lean manufacturing principles.
- Facilitates communication, coordination and conflict resolution within and among work groups.
- Provides leadership to Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling and corrective actions.
- Champions/leads continuous improvement activities within area. This includes approving projects/sponsoring, leading projects, managing CAPEX requirements and CER submission, and managing a productivity pipeline of projects.
- Promotes an atmosphere of diversity, open communication and trust, affording opportunities for training and growth.
- Remains flexible to the needs of the business and performs other functions as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in technical or business related field or comparable manufacturing experience.
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years manufacturing experience with progressive responsibilities and leadership experience. Experience in medical device industry preferred.
- Knowledge & Skills: Experience in management of production schedules, reading technical documents and blueprints preferred. Lean Six/Sigma Green/Black Belt or Lean Master Certification strongly preferred. Leadership, problem solving, strong interpersonal skills, delivers results, sense of urgency and bias for taking action.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will:
- Manage daily plant operations within assigned area.
- Oversee Direct Labor Associates insuring that policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Exhibit complete ownership of area.
- Unmatched company stability
- Long-term career opportunity
- True open door, friendly environment
- Ability to "own" your role