- Private Real Estate Investment firm expanding its operations nationwide.
- Strategy is to invest in markets and real estate sectors with growth potential.
About Our Client
We are exclusively working with a private real estate investment firm.
Founded in 2008, the firm focuses on real estate investment opportunities throughout North America. Our client invests in both public and private market opportunities and in all parts of the capital structure.
The firm pursues opportunistic returns across all institutional real estate asset classes.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist in the day-to-day asset management of a robust institutional portfolio that is diverse in geography, product type, and life-cycle stage.
- Support the Asset Management Team in evaluating and executing asset dispositions and refinancing opportunities, including performing waterfall-related analyses and sensitivities.
- Evaluate lease proposals using net effective rent, NPV, payback period, and other valuation calculations to determine optimal outcomes and impacts to asset level returns.
- Liaise with operating partners, department heads, third party consultants, contractors and leasing brokers to monitor and improve asset performance.
- Assist the Asset Management Team in oversight and execution of various value-add business plans across asset types.
- Maintain and update Argus files and asset management models with actuals from monthly financial statements, leasing activity, and capital project progress.
- Serve as team lead in preparing internal quarterly reporting for Investment Committee, including reforecasting financial models to account for changes to market leasing assumptions and asset-level operations.
- Support the transition of acquisition models to asset management models as necessary.
- Assist in the company's internal valuation process using discounted cash flow analysis and provide support to 3rd party audit firms for quarterly valuation process.
- Coordinate with the company's finance team on Investor information requests and internal reporting requirements.
- Assist in maintaining lease and sale transaction comparable database for various markets and product types.
- Maintain organized internal digital records and files for active investments under asset management's purview, including tracking of loan covenants and critical dates associated with major leases.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree with focus on Real Estate, finance or accounting
- Minimum of two years of direct real estate work experience
- Minimum of two years experience using Argus Enterprise
- Proficiency in excel financial modeling
- Experience with lease review and analysis is a plus
What's on Offer
- Base Salary
- Strong bonus comp
- Full benefits package