Asset Manager/ Portfolio Manager
Boutique Development Firm
Clear Career Growth
About Our Client
Houston based development firm with a diverse and rapidly expanding portfolio.
My client is seeking a Senior Analyst or Associate to join their team as an Asset Manager. The Candidate will assist in management of a portfolio of debt and equity investments in real estate in South Texas. The primary role of the Asset Manager will be to collect asset level data for multifamily, office, retail, and hotel investments and assist in authoring investment reports. This is a position in a fast-paced environment and best suited for a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and multi-task effectively.
- Work closely with portfolio manager to ensure timely collection and analysis of property level data, performance reports and KPIs
- Assist in authoring and distribution of monthly and quarterly surveillance reports, construction progress reports, and fund reports.
- Create and maintain complex property and partnership models; cash flow, hold/sell assessments, risk assessments etc.
- Assist in managing construction projects; audit pay apps, attend on-site meetings, interface with development partners and deal stakeholders.
- Research real estate markets, industries and competitive assets.
- Complete ad hoc underwriting and reporting projects for acquisition team and investor relations staff.
- Limited domestic travel will be required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, finance, business management, or economics.
- 2-4 years of real estate or finance experience, preferably in a private equity or development environment. (must have some prior exposure to multifamily)
- Demonstrable competence in creating property and fund level cash flow models in Excel. An Excel model will be requested.
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and concise written communication skills; a writing sample will be requested.
- PC skills: knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook and the Internet.
- Strong interest in real estate and private equity industry.
- An intellectually curious true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What's on Offer
This position offers the following:
- Clear career growth to director level position
- Competitive base pay and bonus opportunities
- Health care, 401K
- Flexible work environment
- Small tight knit team
- Direct exposure to CEO on a daily basis