- Experience with
- 7+ years of asset management experience in the University Housing
About Our Client
My client is a global real estate development, investment, capital and property management company. They currently have over $50B office, retail, logistics, industrial, and residential properties. They are looking for a strong Asset Manager (University Housing) to join their New York team. Local experience preferred.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Asset Manager (University Housing) will:
- Actively manage your own portfolio of assets while building a reputation of credibility and thought leadership within the team.
- Manage relationships with fee managers, leasing brokers and other vendors.
- Negotiate contracts, including property management agreements and retail leases.
- Monitor and analyze asset and portfolio level P&L statements
- Build operating and capital budgets as well as business plans around what's optimally achievable for your assets.
- Work constructively with other internal silos including Portfolio Management, Facilities Management, Group Development Management and Legal to accomplish your portfolio goals.
- Help identify and hone KPI's and develop methodologies for tracking them.
- Support Transactions in the underwriting, acquisition and disposition of assets and portfolios; flagging markets/specific assets as opportunities to acquire more or as recommended sells.
- Call out under performing assets/unfavorable trends and bring solutions to the table in a way that strengthens the team's best practices.
- Generate regular reporting for your portfolio and comment intelligently and briefly on that reporting.
- 25% travel estimated
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Asset Manager (University Housing) will:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, real estate, accounting, architecture or related field, MBA or CFA desired
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Significant experience with either conventional multi-family or purpose-built University living asset management, additionally retail asset management or leasing experience preferred
- Successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with solid quantitative, financial, and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of present value, NPV, IRR and DCF concepts and calculations as well as strong financial modeling ability
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Argus and Tableau
- Ownership mentality, should also be flexible and inquisitive
- Creative thinker who owns and advocates for their ideas while listening to and learning from others to achieve optimal outcomes
- Able to prioritize between overlapping issues, tasks and deadlines
- You take an interest in mentoring less experienced members of the team and investing in their development, as well as the team's
- Thrives in a multicultural environment, including regular night calls with headquarters in Singapore
- Ability to write and present at high levels in a business context
What's on Offer
Base + Bonus + Benefits