- Hybrid Role! NYC Office
- Beauty and Cosmetics!
About Our Client
One of the world's largest and fastest growing online retailers for Beauty and Cosmetics!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
· Manage day to day activity for category vendors; build positive working relationships and partner closely with vendors to support and execute all merchandising activity including assortment, promotions, and pricing
· Support category strategy and guidelines, incorporating inputs from Guest Insights, cross-functional partners, third party reports (e.g. NPD), vendors and category selling/market trend/competitive set analysis
· Analyze competitor and industry performance, uncovering potential white spaces; assume a curious and creative mindset to identify category / product opportunities
· Analyze sales performance and key metrics to drive conclusions on merchandising and marketing effectiveness; communicate action plans across the Buying team, as well as other departments.
· Provide key executional support to categories - buy plans, promo buys, product/sku audits, discontinued inventory, vendor sales communication, vendor meetings, brand training's and samples
· Adhere to merchandising deadlines and hand-offs for key brand/product launches and promotions
· Secure samples and gifts-with-purchase (gwps) from assigned vendors/brands; partner with site merchandising, marketing and purchasing to execute sampling/gwps promotions
· Edit brand pages for key vendors to ensure their assortment showcases newness and highlights hero products
· Partner closely with Buyer to ensure support against the category strategies
· Create atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration
The Successful Applicant
· Sales management
· Drive category strategy in alignment with sales and margin goals
· Assortment and Site merchandising management
· Ability to deliver to deadlines and manage execution of initiatives accordingly
· Experience or strong interest in beauty/cosmetics required
What's on Offer
- Full Benefits
- 10 recognized federal holidays + 1 floating
- Salaried employees accrue 210 hours of PTO each year
- Employee birthday after one year of service
- Hybrid Schedule