- Work for one of the most reputable names in the Chicago market.
- Opportunity to work on both the development and general contracting side.
About Our Client
Our client is a fully integrated developer and general contractor that operates out of downtown Chicago. It is a great opportunity to join a developer and gain firsthand exposure to the development side. The projects they focus on are luxury multifamily ground up developments throughout Chicagoland and the US.
- Construction Assist Project Manager with the completion of Projects on time and under budget
- Participate in interview and RFP process for new work
- Assist estimating with bidding for future assigned projects
- Develop a thorough understanding of the details of the project
- Contacts subcontractors to solicit interest in projects
- Review final plans and estimates with Project Management and Estimator prior to submission
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all required monthly Project Manager review reports and profitable on-time completion of the project
- Help create, review, negotiate, and works with the project team to process the meeting minutes, Owner Change Orders, and requests for information
- Performs project closeout walk through with the Owner and Architect, collects all required closeout information and verifies all project punch list items are complete
- Performs customer relation duties such as: 6-month project completion check with Owner and 11-month warranty walk through for any outstanding issues.
- Keep consistent lines of communication open with clients and proactively share project progress and budget matters
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years of Assistant Project Management experience, multifamily experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field
- Team player with a positive and driven attitude
- Has interest to estimate change orders, pay apps, etc. but does not need to be able to bid projects from scratch.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Desire to further career as a Project Manager
- OSHA certified
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $70,000-$90,000 depending on the level of experience
- Performance based bonus potential
- Vehicle allowance
- Family oriented company
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- Comprehensive benefits package to include: 401(k), Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Vision insurance
- Referral bonus
- Short term/Long term disability
- Great opportunity to join a reputable brand, and well established company within the growing Chicago market