Assistant Construction Superintendent
National design-build firm
Field leadership opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a $1B national design-build general contractor. Despite the size and national presence, the offices are run locally so that each employee can have sizable impact and attention. Although the firm works across all project types throughout the country, the Illinois office focuses primarily on light industrial work, which is multiplying quickly throughout the state. Most of their work is repeat business because of the high quality and service provided by the firm. Their commitment to high quality and integrity applies to both employees and clients.
- Complete all miscellaneous work listed on final punch list as prepared by the Construction Superintendent
- Receive and manage all warranty calls; goes onsite as needed to determine if warranty work is necessary or required.
- Working under the direction of the Construction Superintendent-Schedule, coordinate and manage subcontractors, vendor deliveries, volunteers work, and building inspections within predetermined timeframe, on budget or below, with high quality and great attention to detail.
- Works with Construction Director to understand estimates of job costs and provide the greatest amount of service for each customer at or below the project type's maximum allowable budget. Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain safe work sites for subcontractors, ensuring that all sites are compliant with OSHA guidelines.
- Oversee compliance with current Building Code on all projects, including scheduling inspections and requesting the permits for construction activities, when required.
- Update daily project status in schedule and communicate status of projects as required.
- Computer skills to include Excel, Word and E-Mails.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years as a Project Engineer, Field Engineer, or Assistant Superintendent with a general contractor of developer working on commercial or multi-family projects
- BS in Construction Management preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership potential
- Positive response to constructive feedback
What's on Offer
- Industry leading salary
- Opportunity for career growth with an expanding company
- High project based bonus potential
- Car allowance
- 401(k) matching
- Generous paid time off
- Healthcare package