Assistant Controller - Construction Company
Growing company looking to add a qualified Assistant Controller to their team
Great opportunity to join a motivated group of professionals
About Our Client
Our client is a construction firm with a location in the Stratford, NJ area. They specialize in a variety of construction services and are a well-established outfit that is still doing well and operating in-office during the Covid pandemic.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience with the following:
- Assist with year-end and month-end closing and preparation of monthly financial statements, including accurate and complete finalization of monthly work papers, reconciliations and analytical review.
- Assist with sales and payroll tax filings.
- Audit work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure compliance with all internal controls.
- Candidate should be familiar with a work-in-progress schedule and general construction accounting principles.
- General knowledge of corporate taxation.
- Assist with year-end audits by providing requested information to outside accountants.
- Ability to assist with equipment financing applications.
- Complete special projects on an as needed basis, including detailed financial analysis, equipment utilization indicators, project billing audits, preparing forecasts and budgets, etc.
- Assist Controller with additional tasks as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following traits:
- 5 years of experience in either construction or in public accounting.
- Accounting degree.
- Microsoft Excel skills are a must.
- Viewpoint experience a plus.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team.
- Positive demeanor with leadership skills.
- Ability to complete required duties in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, excellent growth opportunity, and good benefits. This company values employee loyalty, and will go the extra mile to ensure their employee's needs are being met. They understand a work-life balance, and are looking to fill the roll immediately.