Work life balance
About Our Client
Established mechanical contractor that has locations spanning across the north east. This client has continued to provide a great work life balance and allows work from home twice a week. The owner of the business believes a strong emphasis on contributing to the overall wellness of the employees is important.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Processing of union field payroll and office payroll in a timely manner
- Preparation of certified payrolls as required
- Monthly, Quarterly & Annual payroll tax reports - federal, state, local
- A/R data entry involving retention withholding
- A/P data entry including subcontractors with retention withholding
- Processing unemployment & workmen's comp. claims
- Asst. receive, sort, open, date and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare and send required outgoing mail
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Create and process contract pay applications and invoices; AIA document experience helpful
- Prepare correspondence as needed or requested.
- Assists Construction Projects Manager with contract process.
- Reconciliation of Job Purchase Orders (by Cost Code)
- Design & use of Excel spreadsheets
- Follow up with subcontractors for receipt of documentation such as invoices, insurance certificates, certified payrolls, lien waivers, etc.
- Input project accounting information into company construction software - Timberline
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 year's experience working as an Asst. Controller or Bookkeeper for a construction firm or in a construction related industry strongly preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance required
- Knowledge of American Institute of Architecture (AIA) documents is preferred.
What's on Offer
Base salary is based on experience $85,000 - $115,000. This company provides full medical benefits, 401k match and is Bonus eligible.