Assistant Financial Controller - Real Estate Development - MA
Well-established, highly reputable investment fund
Based in Cambridge, MA
About Our Client
My client is a highly reputable, $20b real estate investment fund based in Cambridge MA. They own, develop and operate a high value, enviable property portfolio in MA. The portfolio is expected to grow significantly in the coming years creating a stable, reliable and hardy employer in the unpredictable years to come. The portfolio encompasses more than 100 properties and the investment fund boasts in excess of $20b AUM.
The firm has partnered exclusively with Michael Page Boston to secure their next Real Estate Development Assistant Financial Controller.
The Assistant Controller will report into the Financial Controller and primarily be responsible for accounting and finance‐related oversight with respect to the real estate portfolio. The overall goal of the Real Estate Accounting & Finance team is to ensure accurate financial reporting and controls are in accordance with best practices. Main duties and responsibilities include the following
- Oversee the accounting & finance related activities, including periodic review of lease terms in Yardi
- Work with the asset management team to ensure accurate financial accounting, financial scrutiny and financial reporting
- Maintain the integrity of the real estate related sub ledgers, including Yardi to ensure that activity is posted properly
- Improve Property and Portfolio level reporting
- Participate in a monthly, quarterly and year end review process of properties
- Work collaboratively to help develop policies and improve accounting and reporting practices
- Assist in the review of the quarterly reforecasts and annual budgets
- Assistance with the coordination and review of appraisals during the valuation process
- Assist in the year end audit
- Ad hoc, accounting related projects.
Apply today for resume consideration within 48 hours of submission!
The Successful Applicant
In return for an extremely competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree - essential
- 5+ years relevant development/ real estate accounting related experience - ideal
- Experience with Yardi - ideal
- CPA - desirable but not essential
What's on Offer
- $ 135,000 - to $ 150,000 total salary
- Opportunity for merit based increases and ad hoc performance incentives
- Attractive property and development portfolio
- Highly stable fund over the longer term, creating broader job security and portfolio security
- Robust benefits
- 401K - 5% company match
- Pension scheme
- Tuition/ Continuing Professional Development assistance
- Fully paid Boston T pass
- 60% subsidy on commuter rail
- Cambridge, MA working location.