- Exciting opportunity to join global media company
- Newly created position
About Our Client
Global media and info tech client.
This individual will provide legal support and expertise to our corporate services team drafting, reviewing, and negotiating on a wide variety of commercial contracts with particular responsibility for our technology, infrastructure, and supply chain sourcing and procurement activities. Main Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate contractual language and standardize terms on all manners of commercial contracts with a particular emphasis on: technology and infrastructure platform licensing (including SaaS, Cyber, IaaS, and PaaS); network connectivity and communications; software license and development; and other day-to-day operational, vendor, supplier and service provider services
- Efficiently process a large volume of both complex business critical, high-dollar value and other day-to-day contracts in a fast-paced environment and to work independently with limited oversight.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the vendor engagement process, including Procurement, Operations, Finance, Cyber, Privacy, Risk Management, Compliance and Tax.
- Contribute to the holistic negotiation of agreements with suppliers that achieve the optimal combination of service, cost, quality, and risk mitigation
- Assist with the development, implementation, and improvement of systems, processes and procedures to support legal review and contract lifecycle management
- Stay abreast of and contribute to sourcing and procurement's professional trends and functional innovation particularly around legal and contractual matters
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Juris Doctor degree (J.D.) from a US ABA accredited law school
- Admitted to NY State Bar
- 4-8 years of experience handling a wide range of SaaS, Procurement, Sourcing and Commercial Agreements, ideally gained in-house or in the Technology Transactions Practice of a law firm.
- Demonstrated, first-hand experience: handling international and multi-jurisdictional matters; being first-line reviewer, negotiator and drafter of international data privacy considerations in the context of commercial contracts with particular emphasis on issues (including cross-border transfer) arising from the utilization of third-party service providers (including cloud services) by multi-national company; and with intellectual property in the context of commercial contracts
- Ability to creatively accomplish business goals while managing legal risk
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of business professionals, including senior management and domestic and international business and legal colleagues at operating units
- Solid business judgment, including the ability to anticipate and analyze impact and consequences of decisions/initiative and recommendations
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Hybrid in-office 2 days per week