Assistant Healthcare Space Planner
Are you looking to further your skill set whilst genuinely growing your career?
Are you looking to join a team with a huge pipeline of work to deliver?
About Our Client
White Plains Hospital, a leading hospital in Westchester county, is seeking an Assistant Healthcare Facilities Planner in Capital Planning & Design Group of Facilities Management Department.
The Assistant Healthcare Facilities Planner will report to a Senior Healthcare Facilities Planner (a registered architect) and assist with development of project planning, designing, managing campus and off-site space needs.
- Assist with creating functional space programs and schematic design layouts for the renovation projects.
- Develop customized reports and visual aids for internal leadership and external consultants and agencies.
- Perform on-site surveys to document and develop base-line information for planning studies.
- Evolve and maintain a master space inventory and space allocation assignments for all clinical, research, and administrative space.
- Work collaboratively with project managers, security, IT personnel and consultants. Attend project meetings as needed.
- Responsible for coordination and organization of campus wide project drawings including regulatory life safety, building use, etc.
- Maintains knowledge related to the operations of their department.
- Demonstrates positive customer service and fosters positive employee relations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture is required.
- 3 -5 years of professional experience is required. Healthcare design experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture and MS Office Suite is required,
- Knowledge of Revit is a plus. Knowledge of Archibus or similar CAFM facilities management software is a plus.
- A good working knowledge of building codes of NYS, FGI & ADA is a plus.
- Reliable, responsible, self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Highly functioning verbal and written communication skills. Must have good interpersonal skills and group process skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced/ever-changing environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US
What's on Offer
The successful applicant will be paid a competitive base salary, commensurate with experience.
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, a comprehensive benefits package is available to the successful applicant.