- $250M+ Design Build and Self Performing Commercial GC in Milwaukee
- Work life balance, clear pathway to Senior Project Manager
About Our Client
We are one of Wisconsin's premier general contractors, construction managers, and design builders. We specialize in developing distinctive facilities for education, senior living, housing, retail, manufacturing, medical, corporate office, religious and government. We are based on the belief that anything less than exceptional is unacceptable, and this philosophy informs every aspect of how we do business. It has resulted in our strong emphasis on the building of long-term relationships with all parties in the construction process - owners, subcontractors, architects and employees. It also means a commitment to total quality management, making profit a secondary consideration to faultless workmanship and complete client satisfaction. We believe that we deliver an exceptional building experience by creating trusting partnerships with our customers, providing them with dedicated personal attention, quality workmanship, and innovative construction service
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assistant in actively seeking new opportunities for work.
- Maintain a regular list of contacts for possible future work.
- Complete assigned tasks to support sales efforts.
- Participate in interview and RFP process for new work.
- Assist estimating with bidding for future assigned projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the details of the project.
- Contacts subcontractors to solicit interest in project being bid.
- Review final plans and estimates with Project Management and estimator prior to submission.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all required monthly project manager review reports and profitable on-time completion of the project.
- Help create, review, negotiate, and works with the project team to process the meeting minutes, Owner Change Orders, and requests for information.
- Performs project closeout walk throughs with the Owner and Architect, collects all required closeout information and verifies all project punch list items are complete.
- Performs customer relation duties such as: 6-month project completion check with Owner and 11-month warranty walk through for any outstanding issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in a construction related field preferred (such as Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture).
- Currently a Assistant Project Manager or Senior Engineer, also can be a 1-2 year Project Manager.
- Has interest to estimate change orders, pay apps, etc. (smaller scale stuff) but does not need to be able to bid projects from scratch.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team-player with a positive and driven attitude.
- Has some experience with construction technology.
What's on Offer
- Salary up to $90,000 base salary depending on experience
- Individual performance bonuses.
- Company performance bonus.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage.
- Life, Short- and Long-term disability coverage.
- 401k company match.
- 3 weeks PTO.
- Company vehicle allowance once you reach Project Manager.
- Company provided cell phone, iPad.
- 9 company paid holidays.
- Maternal and Paternal leave policy.
- Great work/life balance and the tools to become a successful lead Project Manager.