Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Construction
About Our Client
NY based general constractor.
- Assist the Project Manager with the overall plan for construction of the project.
- Update the schedule as required by the Contract or as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare change proposals, initiate change orders (at Project Managers or Project Director's approval), issue change orders to subcontractors and others (at Project Managers or Project Director's approval).
- Prepare, expedite, and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, submittals, requests for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other as determined necessary for a successful project.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents.
- Assist PM with generating directives or communications, prepare meeting minutes, memos, and letters as assigned by direct report.
- Assist PM with proactively obtain punch list and follow-up on completion of work.
- Assist with preparation of closeout documentation and expedite final subcontractor and owner releases.
- Assist with monthly site safety reviews of current project safety conditions, share results with, and recommend any course of action to the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Maintain good relationships with the Owner, Architect, Engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities and Company personnel involved with the project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
The Successful Applicant
- Strong knowledge in the construction industry
- DOB Permitting knowledge
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Highly organized and Strong communication skills
- Ideal candidate will possess an Architecture or Construction Management Degree and/or have a minimum of 2 consecutive years of experience in the construction industry
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity for advancement and learning. Competitive salary and benefits package offered.