Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Large GC with a great reputation in the southeast construction market
Newer office for the group offering relatively quick career progression
About Our Client
Michael Page has been retained by a national construction management firm with a storied history in the southeast construction market. With an established presence in Charlotte, the office builds predominantly in the commercial, advanced manufacturing, distribution, and light industrial markets with work typically $20M - $40M range but have built $100M projects. Since the business has focused on its core markets, they have proven market stability during recent economic turns. The business is seeking a Assistant Project Manager - Top ENR GC - Commercial Construction to join the team and report into the Director of Operations.
Please apply below now for immediate consideration or contact Harry directly at 617-824-2662.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Assistant Project Manager - Top ENR GC - Commercial Construction will be responsible for:
- Completes materials "take-offs" and establishes cost estimates
- Reviews project proposal, drawings and plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Develops relationships with subcontractors and maintains lists of subcontractors that perform quality work
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly schedule to support and preserve the Contract Project Schedule
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Dictates or prepares project reports for management, client, or others
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies
The Successful Applicant
The successful Assistant Project Manager - Top ENR GC - Commercial Construction will have the following background:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in commercial Construction
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $65,000-$85,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Bonus Up to 15% base salary commensurate with performance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing above market standard
- $400 Vehicle allowance