- 30+ year old Certified MBE with excellent industry reputation
- Opportunity to progress into Project Manager Role within the year
About Our Client
A highly successful General Contractor with 30 years of expertise in the Detroit market is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to work on their full pipeline of commercial, light industrial, multifamily, and healthcare projects. Their portfolio consists of exciting and unique projects valued between $30-$100M with many of them backed by Detroits largest Developers. They pride themselves on their commitment to employee development and are seeking an individual looking to step forward into a Project Manager role within the year.
- Assist Project Manager in all phases of construction
- Writes RFI's, submits for approval and distributes accordingly.
- Reviews and understands the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with owner/client to provide updates, obtain approvals and complete change orders for scope of work revisions
- Assists with documenting changes; maintains project records, red line transfers and correspondence.
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with OSHA
- Monitor project costs to stay within budget
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience in Commercial, Mulitfamily, or Light Industrial Construction preferred; additional, relevant project experience will be considered
- BS in Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- Must have strong computer skills and be well versed in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Additional preference given if experienced in Microsoft Project, P6 Primavera, Cosential, On-Screen Takeoff
What's on Offer
- Base salary starting at $70-$95k based on experience
- High bonus potential
- Medical, dental, vision
- Excellent company culture with high employee retention
- 401(k) with 5% match