- Diverse portfolio with projects, clear progression
- Leader in Retail and Commercial Construction across North America!
About Our Client
Our client is a is a full service General Contractor working with a variety of private clients throughout the MSP. Located in downtown Minneapolis, they have an impressive pipeline of projects in 2022.
- 75% of their focus is on the Commercial Tenant Improvement space (Restaurants, Office Space, Medical/Dental Buildings)
- With revenue around $200M/year and 100 employees, they are steadily grow
- They were just awarded 4 Ground Up Projects (3 Mulitfamily, 1 Building Repurpose)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Completes materials "take-offs" and establishes cost estimates
- Reviews project proposal, drawings and plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Develops relationships with subcontractors and maintains lists of subcontractors that perform quality work
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly schedule to support and preserve the Contract Project Schedule
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Dictates or prepares project reports for management, client, or others
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 2-5 years of experience in Construction
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $65,000-$85,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401(k) with 5% company match (3% Safe Harbor, 2% Profit Sharing)
- 100% coverage for Individual (Medical, Dental, Vision, ST & LT Disability)
- 15 PTO Days + 9 Paid Holidays + 3 Personal Days (Birthday etc.)
- Tuition Reimbursement