- There is tremendous opportunity to grow within the company to management roles
- My client is offering flexible work hours and hybrid working options
About Our Client
My client is one of the oldest general contractors in the Chicagoland area. They have a diversified portfolio, but their key markets include healthcare, hospitality, interiors, education, senior living, and institutional. My client is well known for how they treat their employees. They provide an excellent work life balance and provide employees with flexible hours and half days on Fridays. They have a collaborative work environment where it is easy to climb the company ladder.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with pre-construction team to understand the client objectives
- Communicate with clients throughout the budgeting and planning process
- Collaborate with site superintendent(s) to ensure labor coverage for the project
- Communicate and facilitate and change orders to superintendent and subcontractors
- Create and manage a strict budget and schedule
- Manage any conflict between client, subcontractors, and superintendents
- Manage close-out and punch list
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 1-5 years of experience in Construction
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary between $75,000-$90,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure (5% match)
- Gas card
- 20 PTO Days, 10 vacation days