- Join one of Boston's top rated General Contractors!
- Work on high-profile, ground up projects valued up to $100M
About Our Client
My client is one of Boston's top rated General Contractors, specializing in high-profile, ground up projects across Multifamily, Assisted Living, Academic, with a growing presence in Commercial Interiors and Lab work. They are currently seeking a motivated Assistant Project Manager to join their expanding team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing day-to-day project activities. Under the supervision of a Project Manager he/she is responsible for analyzing, monitoring, and preparing cost exposure reports and cash flow projections, maintaining comprehensive budgets, monitoring and maintaining schedules;
- Manages daily staff assignments and participates in monthly staff meetings;
- Participates in all project meetings, takes meeting minutes and distributes to all project team members in a timely fashion;
- Assists in the preparation of all RFP/bid packages and managing the bid process
- Responsible for solicitation, evaluation and selection of the architect, other sub-consultants and the contractor/s;
- During the design management process, assists in the preparation of estimates and value engineering analysis, peer reviews.
- Processes all submittals, requests for information, shop drawings, substitution requests, change proposals and change orders;
- Assists in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports that discuss, in detail, the status of the project.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Assistant Project Manager will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related.
- Experience (1-5 years) in construction
- Experience with Design-Build construction
- Strong familiarity with OSHA and construction site safety regulations.
- Experience overseeing and reviewing the work of sub-contractors for satisfactory performance and trade interface.
- Experience with MS Office Excel and Word, good computer skills are required.
- Familiarity with MS Project, CPM Scheduling and estimating software is desirable.
- Knowledge of construction bidding and construction submittals is desirable.
What's on Offer
The Assistant Project Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- WFH opportunity
- 401K with match
- Life insurance
- 2-3 weeks PTO