- Atlanta, GA
- 2+ years of experience!
About Our Client
Projects are a split between Ground Up and TI Commercial jobs, and often designed in-house by the architectural team. They have a strong client base from coast to coast. With such a diverse portfolio of projects in different sectors, project managers have the ability to work on the projects that best fit their skills, interest and developmental goals.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Assistant Project Manager's role is to assist with the planning, organization, and management of the day to day operations, as well as any other responsibilities that the Project Manager sees fit.
Additional responsibilities of the Commercial Construction Assistant Project Manager include: Maintaining adherence to standards of safety; ensuring that required documentation is filed
- Creating and managing project budget for all assigned projects
- Developing pre-construction RFP package
- Conducting project meetings, and setting milestones and formulating monthly owner report
- Establishing job processes (RFI's, submittals, and pay applications) including approving pay applications and negotiating subcontract change orders
- Performing project scheduling; ensuring project quality control and establishing overall project logistics
- Managing the closeout process
- Ensuring fair treatment of subcontractors at all times
- Contacting new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and explaining how these needs could be met by specific products and services
The Successful Applicant
Looking for someone who takes ownership of their projects, is comfortable making timely decisions, is great with maintaining client and subcontractor relationships, and can work within a team but with a lot of autonomy. Must have attention to detail and care about quality, budget and getting projects completed on time.
- 2+ years of engineering, architectural, construction or project management experience in related markets
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills; candidate should be energized by working with different teams, both internal and external
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and teams concurrently. Comfortable learning new software platforms to track and organize project information
- Technical background with understanding of building engineering and commercial projects; prior experience in commercial projects
- Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to navigate in a fast pace environment
- General knowledge of construction principles and practices
- Team player that's passionate about innovation and driven to optimize and build better buildings and products
What's on Offer
- Great work environment and work-life balance.
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Competitive Salary + aggressive bonus structure
- Monthly Car Allowance
- iPhone and iPad
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, etc