- Well known general contractor with a great reputation in the healthcare field
- Looking for APMs that they can mold and turn into future leaders
About Our Client
Our client is a full-service General Contractor/Construction Manager that has been in business for over 100 years. This company, which is experiencing rapid growth, is renowned in the Chicago land area. Team members are valued beyond the projects, which contributes to the strong company culture. Our client is actively seeking a motivated Assistant Project Manager to join their growing team who is looking to grow with the business.
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor preferably in the healthcare market
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or relevant degree
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary dependent upon project experience and skills
- Full benefits: health, dental, & vision
- Cell Phone Allowance
- 401K match
- Clear growth structure into project manager role
- 3 weeks paid vacation